In light of the recent tragedy affecting the Gulf coast I decided to take up a collection at work of items to be sent south. Although I realize donating to the redcross is the best way to help, I do not have much disposable income at the moment (applying to vet school is VERY expensive) so I decided my $20 would be better spent on bottled water and canned goods. I also figured that many of my coworkers were in the same position as servers tend to live from shift to shift, and rarely use things like credit or debit cards (people don't like to give them to us- go figure!). So to make it easy I offered to collect items myself and even suggested things to buy, then take them all to a local church sending a truck down this week.
This is why people suck- not one single person that I work with donated so much as a stick of gum. One person laughingly gave me a pack of crackers and a togo cup filled with water. We work next to a grocery store! You can purchase a 3 gallon jug of water for less than the price of a beer or a pack of cigarettes (things servers are notorious for wasting their money on)!
Anyway, this is why I hate people this week. Well not all people, but a lot of them (you know who you are!)
Monday, September 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am proud of you!! Every single bit helps. :)-kel
Oh that is awful. I sent some money, plan to send some more money, but also stuff like you. DOnt le them get you down. There is a reason why you are on the way up and many of them are not.
wow- that was so thoughtful of you to start a collection- screw those other people.
Post a Comment