Wednesday, June 21, 2006

When does the fun start?

Okay so most of you know, I really want to go to vet school. So I get this amazing phonecall one day and Dr. Head of Admissions says "hey we want you!" For about 2 weeks I'm super excited and then I get this really big packet in the mail with lots more hoops to jump over packed neatly inside it.....

Basically I have 2 months to secure about 100K worth of student loans, get myself some health insurance( apparently some people consider working with animals dangerous), have a physical, order scrubs, a labcoat, books, a bone set and histology slides. I also have to find a place to live, get my hands on my immunization records, fill out a fafsa, and my favorite, get a rabies shot, tetanus shot, and tuberculin test. Attend orientation, get my house (trailer) together, pack move and unpack.

Not so much you think, right? Well its a little more difficult when no one has answered or returned one of my dozen phonecalls in the last month. When I was in Auburn last week trying to find a trailer to buy, I even went to the school. NO one home. I could see my big manilla envelope that I so hurredly sent back in just hanging out on the desk in the admissions office with about a bazillion others. Each has a substantial deposit in it, none have been opened. My stafford loan application was also in that envelope which ofcourse means my student loans are not even being processed yet. Not to mention that the proprietor of the private loan I have applied for must have approval from the school before disbursing funds. Good luck guys, if you talk to anyone, how about tell them to give me a buzz!

No need to mention I'm sure the above funds are needed to buy the above trailer and books and all of the onsale pottery barn needed to decorate said trailer. I mean I want my tornado bait to be swanky..So how long do you think a student a cat and a 90 lb dog can live comfortably in a grand cherokee anyway??

Despite all of the stress though I am still so excited I almost pee my pants...alot.

No comments: