So I am having an irritated day. I have to go to a wedding. One of those for someone I haven't really spoken to in a matter of years. You know all the "What have you been up to" and the "so why aren't you married yet" questions can be quite exhausting.
Boy is coming to wedding which is also exhausting. Why do I have to go, I don't even know these people?.... Your dads not even going?.....I have to go to the drycleaners? I have to wear a tie???
Honey just shut up and enjoy the free booze! This better be open bar.
Not to mention that pops and father of the groom are feuding (why pops isn't going) so I get to explain all night how he suddenly took ill and was not able to attend. Which ofcourse is a much more attractive alternative than drunk dad commandoing microphone to yell obsenities at said father of groom.
Also will be spending evening carefully monitoring moms intake of Pinot Grigio.
Other than that and the constant potshots from the rents (you could be a vet by now. Hey this is my 29 year old daughter Jaime, if she hadn't partied so much at C of C she'd be a vet by now. and my favorite; WE owe Jaime money now isn't that funny!) Give it a rest people, I thought you'd be happy or something!
And the boy, Just one (1) time could he do what I ask when I ask????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now I am itching to know who it is that is getting married....
And the questions, gah. They can't ask me those questions but there is always an underlying "Man, you will never be as cool as me..."
Ick.
Also, you only get one shot at life, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying it. Trust me, enjoy it until you find the person worth settling down with.
Post a Comment