Birthdays have not always been the best days for me...
28... just moved back to Florence, just dumped by Cleveland and stuck at the 'rents dogsitting while they were in Hawaii.
27... broke off engagement to Mr. J
25....Sick Sick Sick! Developed some strange virus with gout- like symptoms/ Couldn't even tie my shoes for three days.
I could continue, but who really cares, point is I have pretty low b'day expectations, and I wasn't especially looking forward to 29. But if this past weekend was any indication, this will be a very good year! I had many beverages with friends and lots of phonecalls and catching up (Calibelle!). Lunch with my ma on Saturday, and I treated myself to a big ol' steak saturday night after work.
Fun presents from everyone including a surprise trip to the zoo with the boy yesterday followed by pizza at the Village Idiot and my usual sunday night television marathon. Pics from the zoo will follow as soon as I figure out how to get them from my new camera onto my blog.
I didn't even mind ending the day because I got to slip into bed between my new 1000 count sheets. I don't know if I have ever mentioned just how much I love my bed, but well, sheets may seem like an odd present, but they are incredible. Especially since I could never justify buying something so indulgent for myself. Sometimes I think those things really are the best presents.
The ones you almost feel guilty owning.
Monday, November 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1000 count? holy shit? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I know it has been years/over a decade (yikes) since we celebrated a birthday together but I have known you forever and I hope 29 is your very best ever!!!
Post a Comment