Okay, so I have had an interesting week so far at my rediculous job. We'll call it "Suck Alley". Anyway, over half the staff has been busted for stealing tea. A few have even been fired and the restaurant will apparently be prosecuting. (Those that need council, I'll send your way, rbelle). Anyway these kids would move teas from table to table after collecting the money for them from the patron. In other words a server might serve twenty teas, but ultimately the restaurant would only see the cash for two, and he would pocket the money for the other 18. The kid they are prosecuting apparently stole over a grand in the last year.
Just so you all know, if you ever own a restaurant, your staff WILL find a way to steal from you. I think its kind of funny, except for the fact that even those of us who are innocent are being punished as well. Damn I knew I should have used my shitty discount more!!
The other funny thing, well there's a fountain at work where people throw coins and we donate them to the animal shelter. We caught a little girl stealing quarters out of the fountain then using them in the gameroom. She was all stealthy and shit too. I mean she knew she was wrong. It was hilarious. Finally (after the fourth trip) I took her aside and told her that the money was for the animal shelter and that for every quarter she took at least one puppy or kitten was put to sleep. She started crying or something, but I just kind of left her there, I think her parents eventually came and got her.
Okay, so I didn't really, don't worry rbelle and Mrs. K you can still let me around your kids. I really wanted to though, or narc her out to her folks who, by the way, were not paying attention to their child. Besides, she was definately old enough to know better. I definately see tea theivery in that one's future.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I've definately been tempted. I once told a habitual non tipper that I made 5 bucks an hour whether or not I gave him good service. He started leaving a buck after swilling his usual 18 rolling rocks. Oddly enough I felt I'd accomplished something! J
I worked in retail (at Marshall's) for about 2 years after college and was constantly shocked by how much theft was going on by the rest of the staff. At times, it seemed that everyone but me was stealing one way or another. I saw people ring up two of twenty items for friends, fake returns, an assistant manager was fired for throwing grocery bags full of merchandise out back beside the dumpster to be picked up later, the store manager got fired for clocking in and collecting checks for an employee who had returned to his native Mexico. Crazy stuff!!!
BTW, I would have totally supported you if you had actually said that to the little thief. I laughed out loud!
Emily
DOes this mean I have been drinking out of a dirty tea glass?
Post a Comment