Thursday, March 09, 2006

Computer un Savvy

Okay, I am buying a laptop soon and could use some advice...
What should I be looking for? speed /processors/ operating systems etc.
I don't want to cure cancer or anything, but I want it fast with lots of memory and largely idiot proof. Also I am not rich so I am trying to keep it under a grand. Any advice would be REALLY helpful. Thanks!

2 comments:

RB said...

I just bought one for 750 at Best Buy and it works great with all of my programs. I will look at the specs when I get home.

Anonymous said...

I just bought a dell and I love it. Dells seem dorky but mine is cute and cool. It is an inspiron710m. Tiny enough to fit in my purse - I like big purses- under 5 pounds which means I can take it anywhere (would be good for school) and it has a pentium m processor, 80gb hard drive and built in wireless... it was right at a grand. Check out dell.com- you can build your own computer there or see how much it would cost to get exactly what you want/need.